The WiseWord Blog bring you all things cyber. Read our insights into current events and trends, and see our recent publications and appearances below.
"...an aggregate may reveal certain trends or patterns to adversarial foreign intelligence services."
"The Australian Government has demonstrated that it does not exempt itself from utilising social media data to enforce public policy."
"‘Git’ is effectively a distributed version control management system. This allows each version...to be saved as a backup in a cloud-based system."
From myth debunking to cyber insurance, find out all you need to know to get started on your cybersafety journey
• Legal Advice: The Key to Confidential Cyber Advice
• Cyber Insurance for Law Firms: Yes, No or Maybe?
• 6 Painless Steps to Keeping your Law Firm Cyber-Safe
• Necessity or Nicety?
• Cyber duty of care
• Debunking cyber fears: How to minimise cyber vulnerability in the practice of law
• Balancing moral imperatives against business interests: Part 1 and Part 2
• Boutique firms well placed to be environmentally active
COVID-19 has been a difficult adjustment for many of us, and it is more important than ever to take care of your physical, mental and cyber health.
• Privacy in COVID-19 Exam Periods
• COVID-19's Impact on Our Multicultural Communities
• Is Video Conferencing an Equitable Cyber Solution?
Keep up to date with recent developments in cyberlaw and cybersecurity in Australia
• Implications of 5G Technology on Defence Cyber Security
• Latest State-Based Cyber-Attack on Australian Organisations
• Review of the Telecommunications and other Legislation Amendment (Assistance and Access) Act 2018 (TOLA Act)
• Defence Contractor Risks for Cyber Security
• Notifiable Data Breaches Scheme
Keep up to date with recent developments in cyberlaw and cybersecurity on the international scale and in other countries
• China's New Cyber-Security Scheme
• An International Duty of Care in the Use of Cyber Weapons
WISE regularly contributes to government inquiries and consultations. Read our responses below
• Safeguarding Australia's Assets in Space: Cybersecurity for Satellites
• Online Safety Act Consultation (in collaboration with the LIV)
• AHLC Human Rights & Technology Inquiry
• COMING SOON! Inquiry into Future Directions for the Consumer Data Right (in collaboration with the LIV)
Designed with Mobirise web page theme